- 1 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 2 tablespoons flour of your choice, (I used spelt, but whole wheat, almond, or coconut flour will work)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 dried parsley (next time I make these, I am using fresh herbs)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of oil for frying, I used coconut oil
- In a large bowl add shredded potatoes and mix in the flour, onion, garlic, herbs, eggs, salt and pepper. Mix well, until sweet potatoes are coated.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Form a small cake with the mix and add to hot skillet. Mixture will be wet, but will stay together once it is cooked. I made the cakes as I was ready to add to hot skillet. Add more oil as needed (when skillet dries out).
- Cook for about 5 minutes on each side until nice and brown.