- 6 (8-inch) soft flour tortillas
- 8 oz cream cheese ( room temperature)
- 2 Tablespoon sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cups sliced strawberries
- Vegetable oil-for frying
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- ⅓ cup sugar
- For serving:
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- Beat cream cheese , sour cream, 1 tablespoon sugar and vanilla extract .
- Fold in ¾ cup of sliced fresh strawberries.
- Divide the mixture evenly between 6 tortillas. Slather the filling in the lower third of each tortilla, fold the two sides of each tortilla toward the center and then roll the tortilla up like a burrito (secure it with a toothpicks!) .
- Combine ⅓ cup sugar with 1 tablespoon cinnamon in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- Line a large plate with paper towels.
- In about 5 inch deep saucepan place about 2 -2½ inch vegetable oil for frying and heat it over medium-high heat until it reaches 360ºF.
- Fry the chimichangas until golden brown and crispy, about 2-3 minutes and flip them as needed (work in batches)
- Transfer the chimichangas to the paper towel on a plate to drain for a minute, then roll them in the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Don’t forget to remove all toothpicks from the chimichangas!!!