- 8 whole flour tortillas
- 2 cups grilled pineapple, sliced
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts pounded thin or butterflied
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 tablespoons spicy barbecue sauce
- (optional) cilantro and jalapenos
- To grill pineapple: Cut wedges, stick on skewers, and grill over low heat either on a grill, grill pan, or even a skillet. Cut into slices.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and Cajun spice if you want some heat. Spray grill with cooking spray and grill on both sides until done, brushing with barbecue sauce after it's finished. Set aside and slice into very thin slices.
- Warm pan over medium heat and put butter in the pan enough to coat. Slightly warm and toast tortillas on both sides, then remove from griddle and set aside.
- To assemble, sprinkle four browned tortillas with grated Monterey Jack and arrange chicken slices and pineapple slices evenly over the surface. If desired, add sliced jalapenos and cilantro here. Drizzle extra barbecue sauce over the top. Add second browned tortilla on top of each one. (You'll have fourcomplete quesadillas at this point.)
- Add quesadillas back to skillet to warm, until cheese is melted. Cut each quesadilla into six wedges. Serve with sour cream, pico de gallo, and lime wedges.