- 10 thick-cut bacon slices
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- Option toppings: sprinkles, sea salt, etc
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Skewer each slice of bacon onto a wooden stick. It’s easiest if you fold up the bacon first, and then stick the skewer through it.
- Place on a rack in a large baking pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until crisp. Cool completely.
- Put chocolate and shortening in microwave-safe bowl and heat on high one minute. Stir. Microwave in additional 10-second increments if needed.
- With pastry brush, coast both sides of bacon with chocolate. Garnish with sprinkles, if desired. Place on wax paper-lined baking sheets and put in the refrigerator until firm. Store in the refrigerator.