- 1 10.5 ounce bag peppermint mini marshmallows*
- 4 tablespoons real butter, plus extra to butter pan
- 5-6 cups rice krispie style cereal (I like mine a little more marshmallowy)
- 3 tablespoons semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons white chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil, divided
- a few drops (about 1/8 teaspoon) peppermint extract
- 2-3 medium sized candycanes, crushed
- Line a 9×13 pan with foil and lightly butter bottom and about 1 inch up sides.
- Melt butter in a very large bowl in the microwave. Add marshmallows and stir to coat. Heat in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted and smooth. (You can do that whole process on the stovetop as well.) Add rice krispie cereal and stir to evenly combine. With buttered hands, press mixture into prepared pan.
- Place white chocolate chips and 1/4 teaspoon oil in a small bowl. Heat in microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted and smooth. Repeat same process with semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips and add a few drops of peppermint extract. Drizzle both chocolates on top of rice krispie treats and sprinkle candy canes on top. Let sit until chocolate is set, place pan in fridge to speed process along. Cut into squares and eat up.